About Me

I'm a 35 year old, happily married, Christian, stay at home mother to four children. I am overweight by about 77 pounds so I decided to do something about it. I'm counting my calories! I created this blog to help others with yummy recepes and ideas on how they can eat healthy as well.

Monday, May 9, 2011

New Chicken Salad, super yummy!

I just made this for lunch today. It was a big salad and because I added extra mandarin oranges, it was 392 calories. Still reasonable for a lunch item though.  Here's the recepe:

Serving size: 2

Shred 6 oz cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast into a bowl.  Add 1 red bell pepper (seeded and sliced thin), 1 cup shredded carrots, 1 cup shredded red cabbage, 2 T chopped almonds and 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges (I put a whole can in), drained.  Drizzle with 1 T toasted seseme oil, 1 T low-sodium soy sauce and 1 T rice vinigar.  Toss to coat.

It said 325 calories but I never go off what a recepe says, I calculate my own because usually it's WAY off.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment