About Me

I'm a 35 year old, happily married, Christian, stay at home mother to four children. I am overweight by about 77 pounds so I decided to do something about it. I'm counting my calories! I created this blog to help others with yummy recepes and ideas on how they can eat healthy as well.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Angel Hair with Rockin' Red Clam Sauce (Biggest Loser cookbook pg. 185)

This took me a long time to try because I don't like clams, mussels, etc.  But I finally tried it and I'm SO glad I did! It's super filling and delicious too. I tweaked the recepe a bit because the amount of clams the Biggest Loser book used was way too little, and my pasta has less calories. It only added 13 more calories and you get a TON more clams! And they only have 1-2 teaspoons of reduced fat cheese. I put an 1/8 cup of fat free cheese instead..more cheese and no extra calories, in fact, less!

Salt
1 1/2 T finely chopped yellow or white onion (I didn't use onion in this)
2 small cloves garlic, minced (10 calories)
One 10 oz can baby clams, drained (125 calories)
1/2 cup canned crushed tomatoes (25 calories)
1/2 t dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil (15 cals)
Pinch of red-pepper flakes, or more, to taste (next time I'll add more, I didn't add enough to even taste)
2 ounces whole wheat pasta (see replacement blog for brand I use, 180 cals for 2 ounces dried)
1/8 cup grated fat free cheese (50 cals)

Cook noodles according to package directions.

Meanwhile, mist a small pan with non-stick spray.  Set over meadium heat.  Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until almost tender.  Add the clams.  Increase the heat to medium high.  Cook for 2-3 minutes. Reduce the heat to low.  Add the tomatoes, oregano, and oil.  Season with red pepper flakes.

Once pasta is done boiling, add it to the skillet mixture. Toss to combine.  Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with cheese and enjoy!

Makes 1 serving

Per Serving: 405 calories  (I didn't add any of the other stats like carbs, cholesterol, etc.because I added more clams and different cheese)

No comments:

Post a Comment