About Me

I'm a 35 year old, happily married, Christian, stay at home mother to four children. I am overweight by about 77 pounds so I decided to do something about it. I'm counting my calories! I created this blog to help others with yummy recepes and ideas on how they can eat healthy as well.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

TIPS I've learned

Just a few tips I can think of off the top of my head:

* Sugar free is almost always less calories than low fat or fat free. I've found this to be true in coffee creamers, jams, and icecream especially.

* I always count my own calories in a recepe verses relying on what the book recepe says. 9 times out of 10 the ingredient brands I've used are less calories! So I cross out the calories the book says and write in my own (on each ingredient too)

* If you aren't a water drinker because you hate the no flavor part of it, use a flavored powder! I use Great Value (from Walmart) powdered drink stuff and LOVE it... and I get a lot more water down that way.

* Look at the labels for calorie differences!  I was shocked to read that one brand of green beans verses the two others I looked at in the same section was a lot lower in calories. Why not get the least amount of calorie one and use those calories on something else. Seriously, sometimes it's a big difference on food items. I found this to be true in almost everything I buy. So I may look a little silly looking at labels the first or second time I shop for an item, but pretty soon you get to know the brand that's less calories and go for it instead. 15 calories adds up quickly when you are using a whole can of something and it's 15 extra calories PER SERVING.

*If you are really hurting for candy, buy a hard candy like Gobbstoppers (65 calories for 6) or Sprees. I think you can eat an entire package of Sprees for like 90 calories or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment