About Me

I'm a 35 year old, happily married, Christian, stay at home mother to four children. I am overweight by about 77 pounds so I decided to do something about it. I'm counting my calories! I created this blog to help others with yummy recepes and ideas on how they can eat healthy as well.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Parmesan-Pepper Sweet Potato Fries (Biggest Loser cookbook pg. 122)

OMG! I love these fries. I actually prefer them over regular potato fries at home! They are to die for!! They are spicy though so you can control the spicyness by adding less cayenne and pepper. When you are mixing this all in a bowl, it's definitely going to look like there isn't enough olive oil....but they turn out great. I kept wanting to add oil which is terrible on the calories.

1/2 pound sweet potato, cut into 1/4" thick sticks
1 T grated reduced-fat parmesan cheese (I can't find reduced fat so I use regular)
1/2 t extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 t paprika
Pinch of cayenne
Salt, to taste (sea salt is the best tasting)
Pinch of ground black pepper
Ketchup (optional)

Preheat oven to 450.

In a medium bowl, toss the potatoes, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne, salt, and black pepper.

Place the potatoes in a single layer on a medium non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese over them. Bake for 8 minutes. Flip the potatoes and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and browned in spots. (This IS important, I always figured eh.. you don't have to flip them...but they turn out a lot better if you do)  Serve immediately, with ketchup if desired.

Makes 1 serving

Per Serving: 249 calories, 5 g protein, 49 g carbs, 4 g fat, 8 mg cholesterol, 7 g fiber, 238 mg sodium

No comments:

Post a Comment