About Me

I'm a 35 year old, happily married, Christian, stay at home mother to four children. I am overweight by about 77 pounds so I decided to do something about it. I'm counting my calories! I created this blog to help others with yummy recepes and ideas on how they can eat healthy as well.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Greek God(dess) Salad - Biggest Loser cookbook pg. 149

This is really great tasting and awesome for getting your veggies in! And I'm not a fan of Feta cheese at all, but in this salad it's really good!

1 T minced fresh parsley leaves (I use dried)
4 pitted large olives, minced (easily minced in garlic press)
1 clove garlic, minced
4-5 T lemon juice
1/2 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
1/2 medium red or orance  bell pepper, chopped
1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1 ounce (heaping 1/4 cup) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (I couldn't find reduced fat so I used regular)
1 small (4 ounce) grilled chicken breast, sliced

In a serving bowl, combine the parsley, olives, and garlic.  Whisk in 4 T lemon juice. Add the cucumber, bell pepper, tomato, onion, and 3 T of the cheese.  Toss to coat the ingredients, with the dressing.  Taste and add up to 1 T more lemon juice, if desired.  Scatter the chicken over the salad. Top with remaining cheese.

Makes 2 servings

Per Serving: 106 calories, 5 g protein, 15 g carbs, 4 g fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 315 mg sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment