About Me

I'm a 35 year old, happily married, Christian, stay at home mother to four children. I am overweight by about 77 pounds so I decided to do something about it. I'm counting my calories! I created this blog to help others with yummy recepes and ideas on how they can eat healthy as well.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One of my favorite cookbooks I'm using right now.....

Man you guys, I tried some new recepes and all but one was delicious!! Right now I'm mainly using a cookbook called The Biggest Loser Cookbook. It has more than 125 recepes in it and so far most are very tasty.  I didn't like the Eggplant Lasagna one, but that could be because so far I haven't been able to pull off cooking eggplant at home and I've tried many ways.

** VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure when you use one of these recepes that you figure out the calories for the product YOU are using. I have found the cookbook to be high on calories verses what I use. Meaning, by the time I figure the recepe using the calories in the fat free cheese I use, the wrap I use, the tomato sauce, what ever, it's way lower in calories than what the book says. Don't jip yourself on calories! Every one counts to me.  So I write next to each ingredient in the recepe what MY calories were for the can of what ever... and I cross out the total the book has and put my own in.


No comments:

Post a Comment